In the interest of good disclosure, here’s a list of my current portfolio holdings as of December 2018.
They are in no particular order. Some I have held for twenty years, while others are recent additions.
Most of my portfolio is in global funds but I’m also investing in a few themes that I like, namely small-caps, private equity and infrastructure/renewables.
I sometimes hold individual shares (not listed on this page) and you’ll see that I also own an ETF and a couple of funds that aren’t investment trusts.
In terms of other assets, a decent chunk of my net worth consists of residential and commerical property, providing some further diversification, and I keep a so-called ’emergency fund’ of cash to cover near-term living expenses. I don’t own any fixed-income securities (i.e. bonds/gilts) right now, but that’s something I may add to the mix sometime soon.
None of the trusts listed below should be considered as buy recommendations. What I think suits my investment purposes and my tolerance for risk may not be appropriate for other folks. As the saying goes, you should always do your own research.
- RIT Capital Partners (RCP)
- Caledonia Investments (CLDN)
- Murray International (MYI)
- JPMorgan Global Growth and Income (JPGI)
- Vanguard FTSE All-World ETF (VWRL)
- Lindsell Train Global Equity
- Fundsmith Equity
- City Of London Investment Trust (CTY)
- Henderson Smaller Companies (HSL)
- BlackRock Smaller Companies (BRSC)
- Acorn Income Fund (AIF)
- Smithson (SSON)
Private Equity / Venture Capital Trust
- HG Capital (HGT)
- Princess Private Equity (PEY/PEYS)
- Baronsmead Venture Trust (BVT)
- HICL Infrastructure (HICL)
- Bluefield Solar Income (BSIF)
Subscribe to IT Investor
Get notified of new posts I've published by entering your details below. Your email address won't be used for anything else.